#57: "I'm so behind"Jun 22, 2023
This week, we're NOT talking about how to catch up on the mountains of stuff you're behind on.
No time management — No delegating — No uber-efficient productivity plans.
In reality, those are all Tylenol. 💊
Sometimes they help make the pain go away.
But they never address the root cause of the problem. Which means it has full permission to keep showing up, for the rest of time.
And we really don't want that because...thinking "I'M BEHIND" every second of the day feels terrible.
So in this episode, I challenge the entire notion of "behind." 🤯
I ask some questions that may bend your brain a bit, like:
- Is it a fact that you're behind?
- Is it really a fact?
- How interested are you in proving that it's true?
- Do you want to keep telling this story, even if it does feel true?
- Has it ever helped you to believe "I'm behind"?
- Has it really? How?
And then I ask some questions that just might set you free, like:
- What if it’s ok that you are where you are?
- What if everything that’s going to get done, will get done?
- What if what you’re capable of doing isn’t wrong - what if what’s wrong is someone else’s expectations of you?
- What would happen if you woke up unable to think “I’m behind” tomorrow?
- What would happen if you went through the next entire month not believing you’re behind?
- What are you interested in believing instead?
In my experience, no one's life (or career) has EVER caught on fire when they let go of the idea of "I'm behind."
We hard-working overachievers who love keeping our standards high can be very afraid of doing crappy work, letting thing fall through the cracks, and looking like a lazy failure. And sometimes we think "I need to know if I'm behind if I'm going to ever catch up!"
When you free yourself from this mindset, you give yourself permission to be honest about your capacity, ask for help when you need it, and not bend yourself into a pretzel or burn yourself out just because of someone else's ideas about when things SHOULD happen.
I propose we stop believing "I'm behind."
Stop saying it to yourself every day. Stop throwing evidence that it's true at yourself like a toddler hitting himself in the face with a toy for no good reason. 😅
You just might take back control of your workload, your pace and your sense of inner peace when you do!
- Grab your Free Crash Course on How to Say NO: A quick but in-depth training & downloadable that'll set you up for any situation where you want to say NO and stick to it, guilt-free!
- Ready to take charge of your time, productivity, mindset, and how you treat yourself...? Yup, you're ready for Coaching. Set up your consult to see if this is right for you.
Like what you hear?
Rate + Review the Decision Masters Podcast!
The purpose of this podcast is to provide immediate, FREE, effective guidance that can impact your real life in a meaningful way.
I love hearing what helps, what happens & what you'd like to hear more of!
Ready to make literally everything easier?
Grab your FREE copy of The Ultimate Guide to Easy Decisions!
6 solutions to get outta your head this instant & know exactly what to do next 🙌
Spam sucks. We respect your privacy.